1. Education
Martin Kelly

Repeal of the Missouri Compromise and Bleeding Kansas

By February 5, 2014

In 1820, the Missouri Compromise was passed as a way to stave off issues of sectionalism surrounding the number of slave and free states. Missouri was added as a slave state while Maine was admitted as a free one at the same time. Further, slavery would be declared illegal north of the 36o30' parallel west of Missouri. However on May 30, 1853, not only was the Missouri Compromise repealed but the Kansas-Nebraska Act was passed. This act allowed settlers of the Kansas and Nebraska territories to choose whether they wanted to be free or slave territories. Kansas would soon be called Bleeding Kansas due to the fighting that resulted from this act. This would be one of the main factors that led to the US Civil War.

Comments

February 19, 2014 at 12:24 pm
(1) green smoke review says:

My programmer is trying to convince me to move to
.net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the
costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on several websites for about a year and am nervous
about switching to another platform. I have heard good things about blogengine.net.
Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

February 20, 2014 at 4:36 pm
(2) Ken Pickler says:

Hey green smoke review, The one thing you need to remember about WordPress is to keep everything updated. From current WordPress version to all your plugins and themes. If you don’t it’s a great place for hackers to start trying to get into your site.

February 23, 2014 at 4:03 am
(3) citizen kane says:

I think this is one of the most vital information for me.
And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some
general things, The site style is ideal, the articles is really excellent :
D. Good job, cheers

March 3, 2014 at 7:42 pm
(4) Marta says:

it was about the Russian revolution, and that is all I remember.

Buying the speed or quick reading tutorials from the quick reading websites is
easy. Ideally you should be able to hold the book from beneath, and your eyes
have a comfortable grasp of the page as well.

April 14, 2014 at 2:14 am
(5) dirty jack mobile games says:

Good day! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering
which blog platform are you using for this site?
I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve had issues with hackers and I’m looking at options
for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in
the direction of a good platform.

April 15, 2014 at 5:42 am
(6) dowload mobile games says:

Asking questions are really nice thing if you are not understanding something fully, but this piece of writing provides good understanding even.

April 15, 2014 at 10:05 am
(7) Lorna says:

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.

The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish.
nonetheless, you command get got an shakiness over that you
wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as
exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.