Question: What was the order for ratification of the Constitution?
Answer: Here is the order in which the states ratified the US Constitution.
- Delaware - December 7, 1787
- Pennsylvania - December 12, 1787
- New Jersey - December 18, 1787
- Georgia - January 2, 1788
- Connecticut - January 9, 1788
- Massachusetts - February 6, 1788
- Maryland - April 28, 1788
- South Carolina - May 23, 1788
- New Hampshire - June 21, 1788
- Virginia - June 25, 1788
- New York - July 26, 1788
- North Carolina - November 21, 1789
- Rhode Island - May 29, 1790
Learn more about the US Constitution:
- Who is the known as the 'Father of the Constitution'?
- What is the Great Compromise?
- What were the Federalist Papers?
- Who were the chief anti-federalists?
- What rights and liberties are guaranteed within the body of the Constitution?
- What is the necessary and proper clause?
- What does the Constitution say about slavery?
- What are the Bill of Rights?
- What methods are allowed for amending the Constitution?
- How many amendments have been added to the Constitution?