The Good, the Bad, but no Ugly
- I avoid the temporal and look at who had a lasting effect on this nation. The Good all have in common that they were the president of all the people. Obviously Washington, Jefferson and James Madison are three men who framed the constitution, and got our country started. Next would be Lincoln who held this nation together. Theodore Roosevelt redefined this country as a leader in the world. FDR got us through the depression and WWII. Harry Truman, brought WWII to an end. Ike got us thru the Cold War and maintained the peace. JFK made us realize we could do anything we wanted, even going to the Moon. Nixon, got us thru a war and recession. The Bad; Pierce and James Buchanan, the placaters. Andy Jackson for his treatment of Native Americans. Reagan-record debt, drugs for guns, aid to BinLaden. George W.- Most changes by a president, but all in favor of rich or corporations. Invaded Irag, never accomplished mission. Record deficit when he left office.
- —Guest Boy Scout-John
top ten most influental presidents
- Why so few thought JF Kenndy was great? He did a lot to put America on the world map...he showed that family life was important and Jackie certainly raised responsible and well mannered children...isn't that also what presidents are for to show us that there is life before and after wars
- —Guest joyce
A Few Good (and questionable) Men...
- I'm not a huge history buff, but I'm not really, that stupid when it comes to: The best and not so best! lol. So I'll make a top 5 list for both good and mediocre presidents.. Excellent and good: 1. Ronald Reagan 2. Abraham Lincoln 3. John F. Kennedy 4. Bill Clinton 5. George Washington Not so good: 1. Ulysess S. Grant (actually a distant relative to my son) 2. Richard M. Nixon 3. George W. Bush 4. Andrew Jackson 5. Andrew Johnson
The 8 Greatest Presidents in My Opinion
- This is much like PanamaRod's list: 1) Washington 2) Jefferson 3) Reagan 4) Monroe 5) Lincoln 6) Jackson 7) T Roosevelt 8) Eisenhower I couldn't come up with 2 others that I thought were great.
- —Guest OoMamaMauMau
Top ten US Presidents
- Reagan, Wilson, Roosevelt Teddy and Franklin, Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, John Adams, George H Bush, Kennedy
- —Guest firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have my top ten list of presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Harry S. Truman, Lyndon B. Johnson, and Barack Hussein Obama.
- —Guest Gent258
10 most influential Presidents
- 1. George Washington 2. Thomas Jefferson 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. Ulysses S. Grant 5. William Howard Taft 6. Theodore Roosevelt 7. Herbert Hoover 8. William McKinley 9. John F. Kennedy 10. Barack Obama
10 most influential
- Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, F.D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman, L.B. Johnson, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton
- —Guest WVelez
- I'm not sure who he should replace on that this list, but i think one of the most influential presidents was Ronald Regan, His legacy is endless, he did many things that have had a profound impact not just on the US but the world over, most notably outpacing the USSR during the cold war, which eventually led to the fall of the USSR.
- —Guest Wallyb
Most Influential Presidents: my opinion
- 1. George Washington has in some way influenced every man who has ever elected to the office of President of the United States. 2. Thomas Jefferson wove strands of enlightenment ideas into the basic fabric of American political philosophy. 3. Abraham Lincoln demonstrated in his life and presidency what modern author Jeff Olson calls "the slight edge." 4. Chester Alan Arthur began reforms through a new way of testing applicants for civil service jobs. He also began the process of raising money to develop dependable ships for the U.S. Navy. 5. Harry S. Truman 6. Richard Nixon 7. Ronald Reagan 8. Barack Obama 9. Lyndon B. Johnson 10. Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- —Guest Timothy
Lets study our countrys' history.
- Firstly, the founding fathers owned slaves. Because of this, the early presidents shouldn't be on the best presidents list. 1. Lincoln, 2.FDR, 3. Kennedy, 4. Obama, 5. Clinton, 6. Teddy Roosevelt,7.Reagan, 8. Adams
TOP TEN PRESIDENT
- WASHINGTON, ADAMS, JEFFERSON, LINCOLN, GRANT, COOLIDGE, EISENHOWER, NIXON, JFK AND REAGAN DON,T BE FOOL WITH NIXON AS A CHOICE READ HIS HISTORY
- —Guest AL ZITO
- James Madison James K Polk Abraham Lincoln FDR Ronald Reagan Thomas Jefferson Zachary Taylor Teddy Roosevelt JFK John Adams
- —Guest merle
- clinton-eisenhower-trumen-fdr-theodore roosevelt-reagan-lincoln-bush sr-washington
- —Guest gerald eady
most influentil presidents
- I have a tendancy to believe that Nixon was given a very bad rap. It was the Nixon doctrine that said spend the Soviets into oblivion. Ronald Reagan just followed the manual. It was well explained that we should stay militarily out of the middle East. Killing Sadaam was the biggest blunder in the last 100 years. If your readers ever read, they would agree. Tricky Dick rules. It doesn't mean that Ronald Reagan isn't a saint. God bless them all. Of course we can't complain about Jews being killed in Germany or Christians anihilated all over the middle East. It's not like that hasn't been government policy worldwide for 3000 years.
- —Guest keith